Lincoln Menu

Warning: Parameter 1 to modMainMenuHelper::buildXML() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/content/59/6471559/html/luinternational/libraries/joomla/cache/handler/callback.php on line 99


Ms. Constance Lundy Director
1(484) 365-7785

On campus: Ext 7785

Ms. Terri Joseph International Advisor and Admissions Counselor
1(484) 365-7786
On campus: Ext 7786




LU Expenses


Written by Administrator Wednesday, 02 February 2011 02:48



Undergraduate Freshman Out-Of-State Resident

(Costs are based on full-time enrollment 12 –18 credits)

ANNUAL DIRECT COSTS On–Campus Off-Campus Commuter

Tuition $ 10,275 $ 10,275 $ 10,275

Fees $ 3,265 $ 3,265 $ 3,265

Room $ 4,470 N/A N/A

Board $ 3,660 N/A N/A

Laundry $ 135 N/A N/A

Personal Property Insurance $ 105 N/A N/A

Health Insurance $ 270 $ 270 $ 270

Total Direct Costs $ 22,180 $ 13,810 $ 13,810

Annual indirect costs are amounts that are included in a student’s budget for financial aid

processing, but are not billed to the student’s account.


ANNUAL INDIRECT COSTS On-Campus Off-Campus Commuter

Room, Board & Laundry N/A $ 8,145 $ 3660 (Board only)

Books and Supplies $ 1,475 $ 1,475 $ 1,475

Transportation $ 1,360 $ 3,740 $ 3,740

Miscellaneous Expenses $ 1,280 $ 1,280 $ 1,280

Student Loan Fees $ 190 $ 190 $ 190

Total Indirect Costs $ 4,305 $14,830 $ 10,345

TOTAL COSTS (DIRECT & INDIRECT) $26,485 $28,640 $24,155


Rules and Responsibilities of International Students in F-1 Visa Status


Written by Administrator Wednesday, 02 February 2011 02:46

Rules and Responsibilities of International Students in F-1 Visa Status

Maintaining Lawful Status in the United States

If you follow the six guidelines listed below, you should have no problem maintaining your immigration status. If you have any questions, please come to the OIP&S (Office of International Programs and Services). We will be happy to discuss them with you.

The guidelines are:

1. Keep your passport valid.

2. Maintain full-time enrollment and normal full-time progress (at Lincoln University this is 12 credits for undergraduate and 9 credits for graduate students). Please note that these requirements apply to spring and fall semesters only. Students are not required to register during summer sessions.

3. Do not take more than one online/distance learning (e-learning) class or 3 credits of distance learning per 12 credits (for undergraduates) in any semester, or per 9 credits (for graduates) in any semester.

4. Accept no employment of any kind, either on- or off-campus, without written permission from the OIP&S and, if necessary, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Commencing October 13, 2004, the U.S. Social Security Administration is requiring more evidence of authorization to work on campus. Please contact our office for additional information or refer to your Student Handbook.

Working without proper authorization is considered by the USCIS as the most serious violation of its regulations. If you refer to your I-20 or I-94, you will see the statement, "Warning—a nonimmigrant who accepts unauthorized employment is subject to deportation." It is most important, therefore, that you consult with the OIP&S before you accept an offer of employment or begin to work. We will advise you whether it is possible for you to work and assist you with the appropriate documents. Please bear in mind that it is illegal to begin to work in anticipation of being granted permission to do so; you must have permission first.

5. Make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria before you transfer to another United States school:

· You must be a bona fide nonimmigrant student

· Have been maintaining status at the previous school

· Intend to pursue a full course of study at the new school,

· Provide documentation that you are financially able to attend the new school.

· Report to a foreign student advisor at the new school within fifteen (15) days of registering at your new school in order to have the transfer procedure completed.

6. Obtain permission of your extensions to stay in the United States.

F-1 visa holders are granted permission to stay for the period of time reasonably required to pursue a full course of study in any educational program or series of educational programs, plus 60 days in which to depart from the United States or apply for a change of status. If you change programs of study or level of study you must notify USCIS through the OIP&S of these changes (known as Extension of Stay to Begin a New Program).

If you will not have completed your current program within the expected completion date (item # 5) on your initial I-20, you must notify USCIS of the change in completion date through the OIP&S. They will facilitate the process which is called Program Extension of Stay before the completion date on your initial I-20.

Failure to file for a Program Extension of Stay will result in your falling out of F-1 student status which could have serious repercussions on your ability to continue your studies at Lincoln University, or any other university in the United States.

A Few Words of Advice

If you are uncertain about your status; for example, whether your program is full-time or whether your permission to stay is valid, check with the OIP&S. So, if you believe your circumstances warrant extraordinary consideration, it is extremely important that you consult with the OIP&S. We are here to help you and advise you, so call (484)365-7786 to speak with an advisor,

Further information on the rights and responsibilities of international students in F-1 status, as well as counseling and assistance, is available from the OIP&S.




Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 February 2011 02:55 Written by Administrator Wednesday, 02 February 2011 02:38


SEVIS Fee Payment

SEVIS Fee Payment through Western Union

The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) announce the implementation of another method of payment for the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee for international students and exchange visitors.  Beginning in November 2004, nonimmigrant students and exchange visitors in more than 130 countries may pay the I-901 SEVIS fee locally using the Western Union Quick PayÔ service.

This initiative allows Western Union to collect the SEVIS I-901 fee, in local currency, along with the needed Form I-901 data and electronically transmit the payment and data to SEVP. The properly completed Western Union receipt serves as immediate proof of payment for a visa interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate and for admission at a U.S. port of entry.  This option is available in any country where Western Union offers its Quick PayÔ service.

The instructions along with a completed sample of the Western Union form can be found on the SEVP Web site. For instructions on this payment option, please visit the SEVP Web site at If you need additional assistance, bring a printed copy of the instructions and the sample of the completed Western Union form, also on the website, to the Western Union Agent in order to correctly process your payment.

International students and exchange visitors may also pay by using a credit or debit card via the Internet, by check or money order drawn on a U.S. account and mailed to the lockbox or by payment from a third party (resident in USA).




What is the SEVIS fee?

This SEVIS fee is required of all foreign nationals who come to the United States for the purpose of pursuing a full course of study in institutions such as colleges, universities, and language training programs. It is payable one time for each single educational program in which an F-1, J-1, or F-3 student participates, extending from the time the student is granted F-1, J-1, or F-3 status to the time the student falls out of status, changes status, or departs the U.S. for an extended period of time.

This fee is new and goes into effect September 1, 2004. SEVIS fee payments will be used by the United States Department of Homeland Security to fund the Student and Exchange Visitor Program. This program makes it possible for international students and exchange visitors to attend schools in the United States. The fee also funds the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), a computer system employed to track international students and exchange visitors during their stays in the United States.  More information can be found at

Who must pay the SEVIS fee and when?

New Applicants for Student Status (F-1, F-3, M-1, or M-3)

Applicants Reapplying for Student Status (F-1, F-3, M-1, or M-3) after a Denial of that Status

Continuing Students (F-1, F-3, M-1, or M-3) in the United States

Continuing Students (F-1, F-3, M-1 or M-3) not in the United States

New Applicants for Exchange Visitor Status (J-1)

Applicants Reapplying for Exchange Visitor Status (J-1) after a Denial of that Status

Continuing Exchange Visitors (J-1) in the United States

Spouse or Minor Children of Students or Exchange Visitors

How much is the SEVIS fee and how do I pay it?

The SEVIS fee is US$ 200. This fee is separate from and in addition to the visa application fee. The SEVIS fee must be paid by the Internet or by mail. It cannot be paid at a U.S. embassy or consulate and it cannot be paid at port of entry.

The fee can be paid by one of two means:

1) Electronically, by completing a form I-901 online and using a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card.

2) By mail, by submitting Form I-901, Fee remittance for Certain F, J, and M Nonimmigrant, together with a check or money order drawn on a U.S. bank and payable in U.S. currency. Sources for such checks and money orders include banks chartered or operated in the U.S., foreign subsidiaries of U.S. banks, or foreign banks that have an arrangement with a U.S. bank to issue a check, money order, or foreign draft that is drawn on a U.S. bank.

A third party such as a friend, family member, or other interested party can pay the fee on your behalf through the same means described above.

A Note about Processing Times and Payment Verification

If you pay the SEVIS fee by Internet, your payment is processed immediately and, at the time you make payment, you can print a receipt directly from your computer. This computer-generated receipt can be used to verify you have paid the fee at an embassy, consular post, or port of entry. Mailing the SEVIS fee does not constitute payment. The fee is processed when it is received by DHS. If you mail your payment rather than pay on the Internet, it can take a considerable amount of time for payment to be received and for you to receive a receipt by return mail.

Whether you choose to pay the fee by the Internet or by mail, a paper receipt will be mailed to the address you provide on Form I-901. You may choose to have this receipt sent to you either by regular mail or, at an additional charge, by express delivery.

A paper receipt is not required in order for you to be issued a visa or to be admitted at the port of entry. Embassies and consular posts will be able to verify your fee payment without a receipt in most circumstances if you pay the fee far enough in advance of your visa interview. Electronic payments must be submitted at least 3 business days in advance of the interview if you will rely on electronic fee verification at the consulate. Mailed payments must be sent in a manner that assures arrival at the DHS address listed on the I-901 at least 3 business days before the scheduled interview.

If I have already paid the SEVIS fee for one school, and then decide to attend another, do I have to pay the fee again?

If you have been accepted to more than one institution and paid the fee using the SEVIS ID number of an institution you will not be attending, you will not have to pay the fee again. Bring the I-20s of both the school for which you paid the fee and the school you will be attending, as well as your SEVIS fee payment receipt, to the consulate or port of entry (if you are applying for a visa, you should bring both of the I-20s back to the consulate)

Is the SEVIS fee refundable if I am denied a visa?

Once paid, the SEVIS fee is non-refundable, unless paid by mistake, even if your visa is denied or, subsequent to issuance of the visa, you choose not to come to the United States.

If you applied for an F-1 or F-3 visa and paid the SEVIS fee within the last year but were denied a visa, you do not have to pay the SEVIS fee again as long as you re-apply for the same kind of program with 12 months of the initial denial.



Transfer Information


Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 February 2011 02:55 Written by Administrator Tuesday, 01 February 2011 21:25

Lincoln University of Pennsylvania

Transfer Information

If you are an international student already in the U.S. please follow the following steps for admission to Lincoln University.

You are a transfer student if all of the following are true;

· Any person who has been enrolled in a college or university other than Lincoln University.

Transfer Applicants:

1. Complete Undergraduate International application

2. Submit all of the information requested (A delay in sending all of the information requested will cause a delay in acceptance).

3. Transfer student must be in good standing at all previously attended institutions and have completed 12 or more semester hours with a minimum 2.0 cumulative G.P.A.

4. An email confirmation will be sent and the original confirmation along with your acceptance packet will be mailed to you. Please read carefully and submit any additional information requested.

5. Submit $275 acceptance fee.

6. Complete proper Transfer In forms (please contact OIP&S).

7. One year’s tuition is due prior to the release of the I-20 form. (please contact the office to discuss payment arrangements).

8. Arrive at Lincoln University and check in with the OIP&S. Addition instruction will be given at that time.

9. Transferable credits will be determined by the Registrar’s Office at Lincoln University

10. Attend International Orientation –T.B.A.

If you have any questions about any of the processes listed above, please contact the OIP&S.